Best Car Insurance Quotes Lansing Michigan
Better Coverage At A Better Rate With Better Customer Service
Save On Car Insurance By Bundling Multiple Policies
You could save up to 50% on your car insurance by bundling it with other types of coverage, like home, motorcycle, or boat insurance. If you’re a business owner in Lansing, Michigan, we also offer commercial coverage. So whatever your car insurance needs may be, we can help you find the right policy at the right price.
Let Compass Insurance in Lansing, MI Gather Your Car Insurance Quotes
- We’ve been in the insurance business for over four decades and are well-respected in the community
- You can compare 20+ insurance companies to get the best rates and car coverage
- Our personal touch means you always have someone to talk to who knows what they’re doing
- We do not work for insurance carriers, we are independent brokers with your best interest at heart
No Two Drivers Are the Same at Compass
As a result, we offer our clients a wide range of car insurance options in Lansing, MI. Whether you’re looking for liability coverage, collision coverage, or anything else, we’re here to help. We also know that car insurance can be confusing. That’s why we offer free consultations to all of our clients. We’ll walk you through your options in plain English. We were hoping you could make the best decision for your needs-not ours.
We Are Independent Insurance Agents
We broker with various car insurance companies to offer a range of rates, policies, and levels of coverage. We tailor our quotes to meet your individual needs. Whether you’re looking for basic liability coverage or something more comprehensive, we can help you find the right policy at the right price.
We Do NOT Work For The Insurance Companies
We have you and your family’s best interests in mind. We’re a local insurance agency based in Lansing, MI, and we take pride in getting to know our clients personally. Choosing car insurance can be confusing and stressful, but we’re here to help make it as easy and painless as possible.
Minimum Requirements for Michigan Car Insurance
Liability requirements differ nationwide. What you need to know about car insurance in your state.
Is Michigan a “no-fault” state?
In Michigan, car insurance companies are responsible for covering the costs of your injury claims, regardless of who was at fault. That means that your insurance company will pay for your medical bills and any wage loss you incur up to Michigan’s personal injury protection (PIP) limits. You must exceed those limits if you want to sue someone for pain and suffering.
It’s essential to know the Michigan minimum requirements.
- $20,000 for bodily injury or death of one person
- $40,000 for bodily injury or death of two or more people
- $10,000 for property damage
- $500 fine and up to 1-year license suspension if driving without car insurance
The most interesting facts about Michigan drivers.
- Get insurance rates based on your credit score
- Protect your car against theft – Michigan ranks top 10 in auto theft
- You can drive legally at 14 years and nine months old
FAQs About Car Insurance In Lansing, Michigan
What affects my car insurance rates?
A good driving record will be rewarded and believe it or not a good credit score will also play a significant role. Lower scores usually mean higher premiums. Vehicles with a high safety rating will usually have lower insurance rates than those with a lower rating.
Demographic info, such as your gender, age, and marital status, is essential. The type of car you drive is also a factor. Where you live is another factor. Your car insurance premium will be much lower if you live in a low-crime area.
Higher medical costs, auto body repair, the number of drivers on the road, and a surge in distracted driving incidents also factor in.
Which car insurance terms should I learn?
- Premium – The dollar amount of money you pay to your car insurance carrier every year, six months, or month to provide coverage and pay claims.
- Deductible – The money you pay out of pocket. The insurance company steps in to cover the rest of an auto claim.
- Bodily injury liability – Protects if you cause an accident that harms or kills someone in another vehicle.
- Limit of liability – Your limit of liability is the highest amount that your insurance company can pay in a claim.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage – PIP coverage is a type of car insurance that protects you and your passengers.
- Collision coverage – Pays for damage inflicted on your car by hitting another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage – Covers damages to your car by a falling object, natural disaster, or theft.
- Property damage coverage – Helps repair or replace another person’s car or property if involved in an at-fault accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – vital because it protects you from drivers who do not have car insurance.
How to compare car insurance quotes?
Be consistent with the information you include. Compare the deductibles, coverage limits, and coverages for each car quote, including any additional insurance coverage you intend to get. Consistency is the only way to get an accurate comparison. The coverage period is another detail that must remain consistent to get the whole picture. An insurance premium is paid monthly, but some companies will offer a discount for paying in full or for signing up for automatic payments.
Most car insurance companies in the Lansing, MI, area offer various deductible options. The lower your insurance deductible, the higher your car insurance rate will be. Conversely, a higher deductible typically results in a lower car insurance rate.
It’s critical to consider which features are included in each policy you are considering. You want a policy that meets your state’s minimum requirements and your individual needs. Some items you may assume are built-in free of charge may be provided at a fee.